Keno is one of those unusual casino games that many people have heard of, but have never played, and don't know the rules. Perhaps this is not surprising given that both land and online gambling fans are more likely to head over to the slots, video poker games or the most popular table games like blackjack or roulette first. The truth, however, is that if more gamblers gave keno a chance, many would become hard and fast fans of the game that can be yield extremely high payouts.
List of 23 Online Casino Bonuses that allow Keno
|Casino||Type||Value||% Keno Wagers|
|Virtual City Casino||Match||£530||100||Claim|
|Roxy Palace Casino||Match||£350||100||Claim|
|UK Casino Club||Match||£700||100||Claim|
|Music Hall Casino||Match||£500||100||Claim|
|Golden Reef Casino||Match||£100||100||Claim|
|Grand Hotel Casino||Match||£560||100||Claim|
|Royal Panda Casino||Match||£100||100||Claim|
|Sloto Cash Casino||Match||$7777||100||Claim|
Thought to have originated during China's Han Dynasty, keno is over 2000 years old. It only arrived in the West sometime in the 19th century when it was brought over to America by Chinese immigrants. The name keno is derived from French and Latin words for the number 'five'. Keno rules are very simple. In fact so simple, that the game has even been compared to the traditional English game of bingo or even the lottery, because the game involves the selection of numbers.
In keno, like in bingo, you are given a card containing blocks numbered from 1 to 80. First you choose your bet size and then you choose anywhere from 2 to 10 numbers by clicking on the respective blocks. You then click the 'Play' button and the game will automatically draw 20 numbers. Depending on how many numbers or 'spots' you chose to play, if any of the randomly drawn numbers match the ones you chose, or 'hit', you'll be paid out according to your respective online casino and game's payout table.
Obviously, the more correctly matched numbers you get, the bigger your winnings will be. Typically, the house edge for the typical keno is between 4 and 66 percent. The rule of thumb with keno is that the more numbers you choose to play (and thus higher your bets) the more numbers you stand to match, and thus more money you stand to win.
Keno Zero to Twenty Hits Odds
Below we have highlighted the odds of getting 0 to 20 Hits on an average online keno game:
- 0 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:843
- 1 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:86
- 2 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:20
- 3 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:8
- 4 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:4.8
- 5 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:4.2
- 6 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:5
- 7 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:9
- 8 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:20
- 9 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:61
- 10 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:254
- 11 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:1424
- 12 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:10969
- 13 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:118085
- 14 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:1821882
- 15 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:41751454
- 16 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:1496372111
- 17 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:90624035965
- 18 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:10512388171906
- 19 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:2946096785176811
- 20 Hits from 20 Spots - 1:3535316142212173800
In terms of keno strategy, here are a few tips that could help you win more than you lose. First, you increase your odds of winning if you play between 3 and 8 spots and play the maximum bet. Second, don't be afraid to select your spots in patterns as well as completely randomly. Third, keep the same spots for a few rounds, to help your chances of hitting them.